BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.Ed.) PROGRAMME
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Programme of Maitreya College of Education and Management, Hajipur aims to enable the student teacher to
- Cultivate knowledge and teaching skills with value based education as per the contemporary educational system.
- Nurture an appreciation of the role of the teacher in the prevailing socio-cultural and political system in general and the educational system in particular.
- Acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of the various procedures and techniques of evaluation and their classroom applications.
- To develop skills involved in dealing with the academics and doing away with problems of learners by individual care.
- Master the skills involved in effective teaching.
- Develop professional attitude towards teaching.
- To acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of various aspects of school management.
The B.Ed. programme in MCEM comprises of two academic year.
Intake and Eligibility:
- Intake:- There shall be a basic unit of one hundred (100) students divided into two sections of fifty (50) each for general sessions and not more than twenty five (25) students per teacher for methods course and other practical activities of the programme to facilitate participatory teaching and learning.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent (50 %) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree under the disciplines of Arts, Science, Commerce, Home Science, Agriculture, Computer, Information Technology & Engineering of the Statutory Universities, Agriculture Universities, Open Universities or Deemed Universities or any other qualification equivalent thereto, will be eligible for seeking admission to B.Ed. Course.
- The reservation for SC/ST/OBC and other categories shall be as per the rules followed/ applicable by the Government of Bihar.
- Teacher Eligibility Test (BTET-Paper 2 and STET) qualified untrained candidates will be given preference.
Medium of Instruction- Hindi and English.
Programme Structure- Syllabus
The programme is essentially a judicious mix of theory and practical courses to develop knowledge, skills and attitude in practising teachers. Illustrations and cases of relevant situations and activities comprise the core of each course. These are suitably supported by theoretical aspects to the extent needed. Keeping this in view, the programme consists of the following four groups of courses:
Group A : Core Courses
Group B : Content-based Methodology Courses
Group C : Special Courses
Group D : Practice Teaching
Download complete syllabus here
Every student has to mandatorily maintain 80 % of attendance. Any student who fails to maintain the minimum required attendance shall not be allowed to take examinations conducted by MCEM.
|Academic Calendar 2023-24
|Academic Calendar 2022-23
|Academic Calendar 2021-22
|Academic Calendar 2020-21
|Academic Calendar 2019-20
|Academic Calendar 2018-19
|Academic Calendar 2017-18
Periodical Evaluation and Examination-
MCEM shall conduct an evaluation test in each subject for every academic year.
Award of Degree-
Every student-teacher shall be awarded B.Ed. Degree by the Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna on successful completion of the Course
B.Ed. PROGRAMME POs AND CLOs
PROGRAMME LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLOs):
- To impart relevant knowledge with respect to foundation and methodology courses.
- To understand the paradigm shift in conceptualizing disciplinary knowledge in school curriculum.
- To analyze the content, text books and syllabus.
- To impart teaching skills and strategies to transfer the given content suitably in classroom situations.
- To innovate and experiment classroom practices.
- To imbibe and uphold qualities of a good teacher.
- To show love and respect to the individuality of the child.
- To inspire and professionally help the parents for the care and guidance of their wards.
- To preserve proper balance of his/her life as a person of character and be an example to others with his/her intellectual honesty and moral integrity as well as loyalty to the institution to which he /she belongs to develop professional attitude, to help demonstrate commitment to values such as loyalty, love, service, equality and excellence.
- To understand different values such as morality, social service and accept responsibility for the society.
- To create leaders in all walks of life and thus be agents of change in the society by breaking the fetters of all social evils for the betterment of the people of our country and for a better world.
- To boost confidence and promote abilities to communicate effectively.
- To plan, teach, organize school related /community based activities and programmes.
- To collaborate with parents and community for the betterment of students.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLOs):
- Childhood & Adolescence
- Understanding of Educational Technology
- Language Across the School Curriculum
- Understanding Discipline and Pedagogy: Language, Social Science, Sciences, Mathematics, Commerce
- ICT Basics
- Learning, Teaching & Assessment
- Knowledge & Curriculum
- Contemporary Education in India
- Techniques, Methods & Approaches of Pedagogy
- Understanding Self, Personality & Yoga
- Inclusive Education
- Educational Evaluation
- Guidance & Counseling
- Value Education
- Health & Physical Education etc.